Accounting Manager - 6 Months
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
- Oversees outsourced accounting firms, as required, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody's policies and MGAP.
- Reviews and approves accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody's controls and US & local GAAP.
- Manages the preparation of external reports, including tax filings, ensuring an accurate and timely completion.Liaises with other departments to discuss and resolve accounting transactions, entity financial conditions, policy and procedures.
- Develops relationships with upper management.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine accounting transactions.
- Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Proactively performs ad-hoc account analyses and raises issues on a timely basis.
- Initiates research and prepares financial analysis for management (i.e. dividends, cash flow, budget, fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc).
- Assists in the incorporation or restructuring and operation set up of new entities and the liquidation of redundant entities.
- Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves operational accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting. #LI-DW1
- Must have a bachelor's degree.
- Strong US (and/or IFRS) and Local accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent part qualified/qualified.
- Expert knowledge of local reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.