- Prague, Praha, Czech Republic
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Prague, Praha, Czech RepublicWe have an opportunity for an Analyst in the Moody's Sub Sovereign Group to conduct credit research on a portfolio of regional/local governments and government-related issuers.
• Assume lead analytical responsibility for a portfolio of Czech regional and local governments as well as related entities.
• Additionally, assist more senior staff in the analysis of a broader portfolio of government credits.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned regional/local governments and related entities
• Participate in the analysis of a broader portfolio of government credits globally.
• Monitor economic trends and developments, analyse government financial statements, monitor financial market activities, analyse credit quality using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and accumulate in-depth knowledge of the government sector in these countries.
• Build and maintain high quality relationships with senior management at regional and local governments.
• Prepare rating committee materials and recommendations.
• Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends and specific issuers.
• Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on each issuer in a portfolio at rating committees.
• Actively participate in regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conferences and third party presentations.
Moody's Investors Service (MIS)
Public Proj & Infrastr Fin (PPIF)
• Strong academic background is required. Graduate degree or equivalent, in Economics, Finance, Business, or Public Administration.
• Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
• Financial/statistical research capabilities.
• Relevant experience in public finance or relevant credit research experience in corporate is essential.
• Excellent communication skills in Czech and English - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
• Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
• Strong MS Office skills; principally Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Some public speaking and travel would be required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.