- Prague, Praha, Czech Republic
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Prague, Praha, Czech RepublicWe are looking for a quantitative Economist whose primary focus will be on economic forecasting; model specification and estimation; analysis of countries, industries, and regions; and general client assistance.
We expect the Economist to have a strong quantitative background to be able to develop, maintain, employ, document, and validate variety of macroeconomic, market risk and credit risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques. Rigorous econometric modelling and coding is required.
The Economist will also contribute to Moody's Analytics publications and various research products, including Economy.com, and engage in internal and external presentations.
The Content Services team, a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
Our research has many dimensions: country analysis; financial markets; industrial markets; and regional markets.
Moody's Economy.com information and services are used in a variety of ways, including strategic planning; product and sales forecasting; risk and sensitivity management; and as investment research.
- Strong academic background - Ph.D. or Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) from a top school is essential.
- Excellent writing skills in English required.
- Knowledge of econometric techniques and ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Strong programming skills in STATA, MATLAB, R, E-Views, Fortran, SAS or similar statistical platforms.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Client focused.
- Team player.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Well-developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.