Senior Java Software Engineer (Java Developer)
Job Description This role sits in the Platform Services Team within the Structured Solutions group. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a suite of micro-services API based products and will be exposed to a mix of enterprise scale applications comprised of legacy and cloud based solutions.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building highly scalable micro-services.
- Rapid prototyping of new technologies/frameworks
- Migrating components of our existing legacy enterprise applications over to the cloud.
- Performing bug-fixes/enhancements to existing products.
- Providing production support to existing applications.
- Performance tuning of enterprise applications.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Typically a Moody's employee working at this level would have between 5 and 7 years of experience
- Experience working on enterprise scale applications.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Advanced level programming knowledge in JAVA.
- Working knowledge of scripting language such as Python is a plus.
- Must be very good at concurrent/multi-threaded programming.
- Must have worked with frameworks such as Spring MVC and Hibernate ORM.
- Working knowledge of relational DBMS (preferably ORACLE PL/SQL).
- Experience working with NoSQL based databases such as Elasticsearch / MongoDB is a plus.
- Familiar with container technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with big data frameworks such as Apache Storm, Spark is a big plus.
- Experience working on LINUX based distros (Centos / RHEL).
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Must possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior developers.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.