- Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, FranceThis is a unique opportunity to join a team who are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth.
You will join the team as Software Engineer. You will participate in the whole Moody's Risk Foundation platform solution lifecycle. In daily cooperation with Quality Assurance Engineers and Business Analysts, you will participate in the design and the development of the application based on technical or functional specifications.
The Role / Responsibilities:
An Assistant Director- Senior Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
- Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with these standards.
- Influence the functional design and user experience. Promote consistency and simplicity.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Write and maintain technical documents.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from a technical perspective.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
- Deep understanding of Object or Functional Oriented design and development
- Proficient in data access techniques for relational databases
- Quickly learns new technologies; proactively seeks to improve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to participate in multiple projects
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb analytical and problem solving skills.
- Competent in Programming Languages: Java and/or C++.
- The successful applicant will be be fluent in French.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.