- Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
- Permanent, Full time
Software Engineer – Banking Risk Regulatory Reports
Location: Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
As a software engineer within Reports Production team, you will participate in Moody's Analytics Regulatory Reporting solution lifecycle. In this role, you will be in charge of the development and setup of new regulatory risk reports as well as the maintenance of existing reports for banks according to the Basel II/III standards. You will also develop a broad knowledge in the BCBS and local Basel II/III regulations and reports.
On a daily basis, you will interact with internal team members such as the reports architect, QA strategist and engineers, project managers, business analysts and product managers to deliver, support, and to improve our regulatory reports solution.
In detail you will:
- Analyze and understand the regulatory detailed specification prepared by the business analyst. Through this, you enrich your knowledge in the area of ??regulatory risk and financial reporting
- Be involved in the report design with the technical leader
- Develop the report and perform unit tests to ensure its quality
- Work closely with the QA engineers to ensure best quality of delivery
- Provide technical support to business analysts and product managers with regards to the setup
- Actively participate in the development lifecycle using Agile methodology (Kanban)
The ideal candidate will have a Master degree in computer science and/or Finance and 5+ years of professional experience in software development. The candidate should i deally work in the Banking/Insurance/Finance related industry and be motivated by the functional understanding of risk management in banking .
- Experience in full-cycle software development lifecycle is required
- Proven experience in database programming in Oracle SQL and knowledge of the web application architecture
- Ability to investigate and solve technical issues
- A team player and ability to work as a team
- Language: Ability to communicate in English (spoken and written) is mandatory for a daily work with teams located internationally
- Excel VBA programming skill a plus
- Basel II/ Basel III Credit, Market or ALM/Liquidity Risk domain knowledge and bank financial instruments is a plus
- Fermat / RiskAuthority product knowledge is a plus
Key words: Regulatory Reporting, Financial risk, Basel II/III, XBRL, Agile, Kanban
Required competencies : SQL, Oracle PL-SQL
Complementary competencies : .NET, Python, Jenkins, Tomcat
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.