- Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
- Permanent, Full time
Software Engineer - Java
Location: Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, FranceIn order to support our next generation products fitted for high performance and scalability, we are recruiting a subjet matter expert in java development and maven build mechanism.
You will integrate a software development team in charge of the development of our new risk management platform based on Big Data technologies.
As a Java expert you will take part of the development of the new solution with a particular focus on the development of web services mechanisms allowing to manage the computation of risk indicators.
As a Maven expert you will contribute to provide a seamless build mechanism allowing to generate flexible and stable build artefacts, that can be owned and understood by all the development team.
Your position will allow you to interact with architect, business analysts, project managers, developers, and quality assurance analysts of different geographic development sites
The Software Engineer will be member Software Engineering team in our R&D center based in Grenoble and dedicated to develop Moody's Analytics Solutions across the EMEA region. He will also be part of a multidisciplinary team built to the agile SCRUM design. The Software Engineer will work in cooperation with our architects, development engineers and quality engineers in a multicultural environment.
- Owner of a Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, you already have a solid experience on Java 7,8 and 9 and on Java frameworks (Spring, Akka), build mechanisms(Maven) and secured architecture (Gateway, HTTP Proxy…) .
Additional language requirement:
- Since development is mainly done in Java and Scala for the backend, the knowledge of Scala will be a good additional skill..
- Experience in Big Data platform (Hortonworks/Cloudera/EMR) will be appreciated
- Experience in Cloud computing (architecture for PAAS infrastructure) will be appreciated
- A good English communication level is required .
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.