Software Engineer Intern (Risk Foundation Suite)
Job Description Moody's Analytics' Software Engineering department is looking for an intern for an internship with a preferred duration of 6 months
The RiskAuthority team builds the risk engine delivering streamlined and automated regulatory compliance for Basel I, II, and III. It is made up of Quality and Software Engineers working together under Agile Scrum methodologies. The developed application is recognized as a leading provider of risk and capital management solution and has won numerous industry awards from both industry analysts and readers of industry magazines.
The Software Engineering Intern will participate in the whole Moody's Risk Authority solution lifecycle. In daily cooperation with Quality Assurance Engineers and Business Analysts, they will participate in the design and the development of the application based on technical or functional specifications.
- Interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
- Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- Influence the functional design and user experience. Promote consistency and simplicity.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
A plus :
- Studying towards or recently completed a Master's in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study
- Understanding of Object or Functional Oriented design and development
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Programming Languages: C++, Oracle PL/SQL, Java, Scala/Spark or others.
- Experience with Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience in data access techniques for relational databases: SQL
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.