EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Actuarial Manager
to join our team in Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join our team of Professional services experts and learn about and deliver high quality Actuarial services to our Global customer base on Prophet related projects. Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. It is used by over 9,000 users, across more than 730 customer sites, in more than 65 countries, and this role provides a unique opportunity to become one of the experts in the field and gain exposure to modelling techniques used to help to model firm's financial business.
About the team
The Actuarial Manager will be based in Paris and reporting directly to a Principal in the team (based in Chertsey/ UK).
What you will be doing
- Lead/Assist in the implementation of the actuarial code provided with Prophet ALM libraries including, in particular the Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) Library
- Perform model reviews and deliver optimisation reports based on customer models
- Design, structure and develop code during customer projects as required
- Provide customer training to customers with a focus on the more danced training courses (eg Advanced Coding in Prophet, Introduction to Prophet ALS)
- Assist in the presales support of Prophet where required
- Local onsite customer assistance may be required for short periods
- Prototyping SII / IFRS17 models in Prophet
- You possess a strong experience in implementing and leading projects in actuarial systems.
- Experience working in a life assurance department or consultancy
- Knowledge of the Prophet system or demonstrable equivalent experience, and involvement in key business projects using Prophet.
- Good working knowledge of the various Prophet components, having implemented products in at least one of Prophet's actuarial liability libraries and significantly amended products in others.
- Familiar and have awareness of potential performance bottlenecks and solutions when using Prophet
- Strong verbal and written French and English language skills, and presentation skills are essential
- You do have a background in life assurance or financial services, and a general knowledge of the financial services industry's regulatory and reporting frameworks, including an awareness of at least two of the following:
- Realistic Balance Sheets (RBS)
- Solvency II and/or Individual Capital Assessments (ICA)
- European Embedded Values (EEV) and Market Consistent Embedded Values (MCEV)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- International travel
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.