Compliance Advisory Vice President
- Not Specified
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France Paris Ile-de-France FR
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackrock’s Compliance Department protects Blackrock’s reputation and provides client focused advice. It understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients’ interests and assist the business to translate Compliance into their daily work
- Have client interests at the centre of everything we do
- Cultivate and enhance the compliance culture within BlackRock
- Provide thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Vice President to join our Compliance team in France, which forms part of our EMEA Regional Compliance Department. This position will complement the current team which is working closely with the wider Compliance teams in EMEA. In France, BlackRock currently operates via a French branch of a UK Legal entity regulated as an investment firm and carrying out marketing and distribution activities.
In the role, the candidate will help provide professional compliance advice and oversight to the various business divisions within France which consist of Institutional Client Business, ETF and Index Investing, Retail and Alternative Investments team (including real estate and private credit).
Responsibilities of the candidate will include: exercising oversight over the French compliance program & framework, work with the EMEA Compliance teams in implementation processes of EU rules and legislation into local policies & procedures, being involved in developing business strategies and sales/distribution activities. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to oversee advertising and marketing campaigns as a product subject matter expert in partnership with our Marketing Compliance team.
Our ideal candidate will have at least five years relevant experience within a leading professional service firm or as compliance professional at an investment/fund manager and will have gained expertise in French financial supervisory regime as well as EU rules such as the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive,the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and Anti-Money Laundering requirements including practical translation into internal framework and policies.
A demonstrably successful record in collaborating with product development, legal, investment and marketing professionals would be a distinct advantage, given the innovative and ambitious product development agenda in France. The successful candidate will exhibit strong partnership and relationship management skills. The strength of character to offer healthy challenge will be essential, as will be the ability to engage successfully with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
A highly-motivated self-starter, the successful candidate will demonstrate sound judgment, excellent technical and regulatory knowledge, strong team ethic, combined with high energy, enthusiasm, resilience, tenacity and diplomacy.
The successful candidate will report to French Local Legal & Compliance Officer and will support the delivery of the evolving compliance oversight program in France.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to join BlackRock’s Compliance team at an exciting time in the development of the French business and our broader EMEA regional compliance strategy.
- Making a strong contribution to the team’s provision of Compliance advisory support and oversight for France business lines
- Providing advisory support in relation to French regulatory framework, taking into account EU rules and legislation
- Drafting policy and process documents and keep existing documentation up to date
- Supporting the centralised Financial Crime team in the implementation of local Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures including, risks assessments, sign off of high risk clients, filing of SARs and other regulatory filings.
- Supporting overall BlackRock France oversight responsibilities and French policies framework oversight
- Advising business on regulatory requirements and changes
- Contribution to the creation of management reporting and communication on Compliance matters to senior management and BlackRock business stakeholders
- Providing advice on the anticipation, impact assessment and response to regulatory development
- Assisting in responding to regulatory requests from the French regulators
- Leading Compliance participation in Compliance or business-driven projects, including regulatory developments and strategic initiatives, by providing expert and timely value-added advice
- Providing oversight of alternative investments particularly with product development and acquisition real assets.
- Designing and delivering effective regulatory training initiatives to the business
- Overseeing advertising and marketing campaigns
- Reviewing and approving marketing materials to be used with our French based clients and ensuring they comply with local regulatory requirements
Knowledge / Experience
- University or equivalent qualification; with an expertise in finance/asset management/financial markets law, having a legal background is a plus
- Compliance with French regulatory requirements applicable to Compliance Officers set out by Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF): holding the appropriate qualifications and expertise, as well as a sufficient level of knowledge and skills and, where applicable, knowledge and experience with Alternative Investments particularly with the product development and acquisition of real estate, infrastructure and private equity products.
- Good knowledge and awareness of current regulatory landscape in France and Europe, in particular AIFMD MIFID, and UCITS regulations.
- Experience with Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering obligations
- Demonstrable ability to influence a highly-performing internal client base by delivering timely, credible, accurate and value-added advice
- Effective written and oral communication skills including fluency in French and English; other languages are a plus
- High standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Very good analytical skills
- Pragmatism and ability to use initiative
- Ability to prioritise workloads and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and professional development
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The strength of character to offer healthy challenge
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.<
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.