- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Full time
Compliance Manager, Paris
Schroders has an established presence in France since 2001 with assets under management of €7bn. The Paris office comprises:
- a distribution team of 16 people serving professional clients (institutional investors and third party distributors) in France and Monaco investing in a range of Schroders products, including our Luxembourg fund ranges,
- a real estate team of 36 people in charge of acquisitions and property management in France, Belgium and Spain
- an AIFM asset management company (Schroder Aida) dedicated to infrastructure finance (debt and equity), with 11 professionals.
The French business and teams have grown significantly over the past 3 years, with a mission to develop a high performing team fostering and promoting trust, constructive communication, mission alignment and high engagement.
To support the Legal Counsel and Compliance manager in France in discharging their responsibilities in relation to the full scope of compliance activities based in France, we are looking to hire a Compliance Officer dedicated to the business activities of Schroders in France, both in distribution and in investment.
- To assist with developing the compliance framework and internal plan of control of Schroders in France,
- To implement and monitor compliance with the internal control plan
- To assist the Legal Counsel and Compliance manager for updating procedures and market practices for French staff members
- To be the MLRO for Schroders in France : to act as an escalation point for KYC and wider financial crime queries relating to investments and clients, to write up any ML/ financial crime reports requested by the regulation and internal governance, to provide financial crime training for all staff members according to their role
- To review, approve and provide guidance regarding marketing materials
- To monitor and review activities against specific compliance risk areas (including personal account dealing and gifts & entertainment), using Compliance surveillance tools
- To provide Compliance training to new starters and regular refresher training to all staff
- To be in charge of AMF reports
- Be involved in the monitoring of legal and regulatory developments impacting the activities of Schroders in France, in asset management, and participate to work group in the industry
- To assist the Legal Counsel and Compliance manager, in the performance of the permanent and periodical internal control tasks (MNPI, conflict of interest, valuation of the products, GDPR …) for Schroder AIDA as AIFM, including regulatory reporting and financial reporting of the products.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with French compliance and asset management regulation
- To retain an independence of mind and objectivity, while providing constructive business support; and
- Must be fluent in English and French
- To communicate on a proactive basis with wider Schroders Group Compliance and other teams.
Knowledge and experience
- Educational requirement: business school degree or university degree in Finance or Law (or equivalent degree) ; and
- Prior experience in the compliance department of a French asset management business.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.