- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
ERS Insurance (Solvency II) - Business Analyst
Location: Paris, Ile-de-France, FranceThe successful candidate will join our next development stage of Moody's Analytics' market leading solution RiskIntegrity Standard Formula and Regulatory Reporting for Insurance (RiskIntegrity-SF).
Our current RiskIntegrity-SF offering is now mature and will move into a dynamic maintenance phase with new business imperative related to financial margin maximization through continued customer acquisitions, customer retention, and cost management. Currently, RiskIntegrity-SF is used by a large number of financial institutions in Europe for Solvency II and some key Insurance companies in Mexico.
As Business Analyst, the successful candidate will report to the product manager. The main focus of this position is to support the delivery of high quality software products to our clients. The candidate will be required to support the development lifecycle from development of business requirements and product testing to ensure that the business requirements have been delivered as expected.
The role involves liaising between the implementation services team /customer service (incl. directly with customers), engineering team, project management and any other relevant stakeholders. In particular, it can involve travel between our key offices, including Edinburgh, London and Grenoble offices .
In addition, you will have the opportunity to help us improve our processes through internal knowledge sharing, development of training material etc.
Here is a non exhaustive list of tasks that the BA should perform:
- Regulatory Monitoring on the update of the relevant Insurance Regulations:
- EMEA: EIOPA Solvency II Framework (XBRL, Revision of SCR Calculation, etc...)
- EMEA National Specific Regulations
- Mexican Regulator: CNSF
- Participating at different events or workshops organized by supervisors
- Writing Product Specification with clear and concise business requirements that can be communicated to the engineering teams.
- Developing business cases
- Being involved in the day-to-day interactions (e.g. scrum or kanban) with the engineering teams, working closely to ensure the alignment of feature(s) and/or release(s) accordingly to use cases, requirements and product strategy.
- Supporting Product Manager in building long term product backlog based on internal and external requirements
- Contribution to project planning activities
- Working with product managers to train support staff and review documentation for releases (release notes, user guides, marketing collateral, research papers, FAQs).
- Follow ERS Insurance product management processes
- Collection of the client's business needs.
- Sharing product knowledge and expertise to Internal teams.
- Providing demonstrations of key features and values of products to clients (our data model, regulatory calculations, regulatory reporting solution for Solvency II , etc)
- Weekly reports to be produced for the project manager showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies
- Assisting with support calls that involve product management issues with client
Moody's ERS Insurance team delivers high-quality risk management solutions to the global insurance sector, combining world-leading quantitative solutions with industry leading software solutions. A fast growing business, we have a wide range of solutions and a global customer base. We offer great opportunities for staff to build a challenging and rewarding career, offering excellent opportunities for career mobility.
The Product Management team is responsible for the development of high-quality risk-management software solutions.
These solutions incorporate a wide range of features, including data management, insurance risk and finance calculations and reporting.
You will be comfortable working to deadlines and will have an appetite to work in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy working with people and are capable of communicating clearly and accurately:
- Master Degree in Accounting - Mathematics - Finance - Actuarial Science - Computer Science or related subject
- Professional experience related to Solvency II-Pillar I/Pillar III would be a plus
- Actuarial qualifications would be a plus
Skill And Experience
- Successful experience as Business Analyst
- Rigorous and autonomous
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business requirements
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycles, particularly in an Agile environment
- Experience with relational databases (SQL and PL/SQL) is a strong advantage.
- Proven ability to interact with demanding clients and to run workshops
- Ability to efficiently communicate complex ideas (internally and externally)
- Innovative approach to solving issues and problems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English/French (verbal and written) or other European languages like Spanish -considered a strong advantage.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.