ESG Analyst (Environment, Social & Governance).
Phitrust, pioneer in France in Sustainable & Responsible Investment (SRI) portfolio management and Shareholder Engagement, is currently looking for an ESG Analyst (Environment, Social & Governance).
Shareholder engagement consists in encouraging and fostering the best practices for listed companies in terms of governance, environmental compliance and social cohesion in order to find the right balance between financial performance (expected return) and positive impact from portfolio companies. Phitrust manages a range of funds invested in listed European equities on behalf of institutional and private investors.
Phitrust has been active for the past 20 years by exercising its shareholder responsibilities towards the companies in the portfolios in order to make the companies held in the portfolios evolve and develop their social and environmental practices, and especially on certain specific controversies. The goal is to make these companies improve their governance, which will lead to environmental and social improvements.
- Research, follow-up & analysis of ESG information concerning listed equities. Updating the tools used to follow extra-financial data.
- Managing shareholder engagement initiatives led by Phitrust (letters to the Board of Directors, meetings with executive management, preparing Annual General Meetings).
- Analysis of shareholder resolutions and voting recommendations. Participation & Voting at the Annual General Meeting of companies listed on the CAC40 index.
- Preparation and research for investment and technical committees. Preparation of the fund’s Board Meetings.
- Reporting (Voting & Shareholder Engagement Reports, summary notes on shareholder campaigns, portfolio management reports). Investment questionnaires and investor reports for clients and professionals associations (AFG, UNPRI …).
Required Skills :
- Knowledge and interest for financial and equity markets, as well as extra-financial information.
- Legal knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication, both in French & English.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Rigorous, precise, autonomous, initiative and commitment, as well as the ability to work in a small team is important. Confidentiality, work ethics and discretion.
- Mastering Microsoft Office softwares.
Desired Profile :
- Post-graduate studies (BAC +5) in finance, economics or business law. Business or Engineering School.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience.
- Ideally, a first experience in financial or ESG analysis would be an advantage.