NATIXIS recrute un(e) ESG Analyst (M/F) - Mirova
Mirova Natural Capital (formerly Althelia Funds) is a fast-growing impact asset management company headquartered in London, with projects in Latin America, Africa and Asia. We are now managing or advising on investment by six different sustainability funds, focussing on agriculture, forestry/forest protection and sustainable oceans. MNC invests in on-the-ground commercial projects ranging in size from small enterprises scaling up from a pilot phase, to large scale land management. Currently we have projects in Central America, Latin America and Indonesia and expect to widen the geographic scope over the next few years.
Our small ESG team of conservation, environmental and social specialists ensures that the investments made by Althelia Funds are providing measurable environmental and social benefits to the environments and communities where they are based, driving the transition to sustainable livelihoods and resource use. This opportunity is to be a senior member of the Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) & Impact team, ensuring our ESG policy and approach remains best-in-class, assessing the environmental and social risks of projects across our portfolio of funds, measuring their positive social and environmental performance and working closely with individual projects to improve their performance. Each member of the ESG/Impacts team takes lead responsibility for one or more funds, working collaboratively with investment officers and other members of the ESG team.
We are now looking for people with at least 5 years experience of applying international E&S standards and commodity certifications to projects in one or more of the the following sectors:
• Agriculture – large scale and smallholder
• Fisheries, aquaculture, marine protection.
The roles involve:
• Developing and updating E&S and impact measurement methodologies
• Evaluating E&S and impact assessments of prospective deals
• Conducting DD's or managing DD contractors
• E&S/Impact input to financing proposals to a fund's investment committee
• Establishing E&S management frameworks for individual investments
• Managing and conducting E&S monitoring
• Interaction with investors on ESG/Impacts
• Contributing to development of MNC ESG and Impact policies and knowledge base.
There may be opportunities to be based in London, Paris, Lima or Sao Paolo for applicants already based in these locations and with the right to work there. The positions involve travel to project sites. MNC offers competitive salaries and great opportunities for people committed to achieving environmental and social change through private sector investment.
Profil recherché :
• Minimum 5 years' experience applying environmental and social standards to commercial projects in the agriculture and/or forestry/forest protection and or fisheries/aquaculture marine protection sectors (including experience with applying the IFC Performance Standards).
• Experience measuring and reporting on social and environmental impacts of projects
• Undergraduate/graduate degree in an environmental or social discipline
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Availability and willingness for global travel
• Right to work in the UK.
• Experience of applying ESG in an asset management/banking/DFI environment
• Experience of applying ESG standards to small/medium sized processing plants
• Experience with conservation, sustainable livelihoods.
• Experience with sustainability certifications e.g. Rainforest Alliance
• Spanish or Portuguese – speaking and writing
Localisation :Paris 75013