European Cash Management, Corporate Actions & Reconciliation Team Leader
- Depending on the profile
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France Paris Ile-de-France FR
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Investors GmbH, French Branch
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
You will be part of the Investment Operations team and will be responsible of leading a dynamic European Team of 8 headcounts located in Paris, Frankfurt & London, as defined below. This is a full time permanent position based in Paris or London and it is to be filled as soon as possible.
You will manage 2 sub teams in charge of the Corporate actions & Proxy voting and Cash & securities reconciliations.
Corporate Actions & Proxy Voting duties
You will lead a team of 2 headcounts, located in Paris & London, and will be in charge of:
- Mentoring the staff and provide oversight to ensure events are processed timely and accurately.
- Monitoring Corporate Actions events for European funds of Allianz Global Investors on a daily basis.
- Reviewing and improving Corporate Actions processes for European locations in cooperation with providers, custodians, and internal stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Liaising with custodians and service providers to enable smooth operations setup and answering of queries on a timely manner.
- Overseeing the Proxy Voting processes for European locations in collaboration with our main external provider ISS and with the AGI Investment ESG Team.
- Facilitating the onboarding of new clients, custodians, funds.
Cash & Securities Reconciliation duties
You will lead a team of 6 headcounts, located in Paris and Frankfurt and will be in charge of:
- Mentoring the staff and provide oversight to ensure cash management & reconciliations processes are processed timely and accurately
- Working closely with our external reconciliation provider to review and handle reconciliation exceptions/breaks.
- Performing daily cash reconciliation positions between AGI Front Office tools and Custody statements and daily money market target fund investments.
- Managing and/or escalating conflicts and issues with respective stakeholders, being proactive.
- Acting as key contact person for Investment Professionals, External Providers & Internal Ops stakeholders on many wide-ranging issues and queries.
- Performing loss event documentation on behalf of the investment professionals.
- Overseeing specific reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
You have a higher education degree in Business or Finance, and over 5 years’ experience in the asset management industry with confirmed and strong managerial skills.
You have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of corporate action market practices and of reconciliation practices, good business sense and market feel.
You have minimum 3 year experience in Leadership or Team Management.
You also have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a consultative approach to problem-solving.
- High degree of energy, motivation and ambition with multi-tasking abilities.
- Flexible approach to changing client requirements and to a changing internal or market environment.
- Proactivity and eagerness to learn and act.
- The ability to positively persuade and influence.
- A result and detail orientated approach.
- A strong team spirit and ability to delegate and monitor the progress.
- Flexibility to travel across the AGI offices in Paris, London and Frankfurt on regular basis (minimum twice a month).
- Advanced computer literacy in MS Office Pack (Excel, Power Point).
- Investment Applications: Bloomberg knowledge and VBA proficiency are a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication. French is a real plus.
We are seeking for a candidate that can build positive relationships and drive for results in our business environment. We offer an attractive, performance-related compensation package and provide a productive atmosphere which is run by team spirit. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to discover more about the role and AllianzGI? Would you love an international and diverse environment?
Apply today just with one click attaching your CV and contact details.