- Competitive salary and benefits
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
BISAM a FactSet Company is looking for a Financial Engineer to join a self-sufficient development team that can deliver high quality features on BISAM B-Portal, an intuitive and configurable web interface, transforming investment firms’ data broadcast capabilities.
BISAM, a FactSet Company, is the leading provider of integrated, multi-asset portfolio analytics, including performance and attribution, market risk analysis, portfolio construction and GIPS composites management. Many of the world’s largest buy-side firms use BISAM to evaluate and enhance their investment strategies and better service their clients, while maintaining high levels of security, transparency, process control and operational scale.
If you’re the right one for us, you continuously seek for improvement of the development process, love the Web, take great pride in your work and have a few great projects to show off. You also know that testing and improving quality is not mainly about finding bugs or reporting pass rates for test cases. It is about finding and communicating risks, helping your colleagues find weaknesses and inconsistencies in the way the code works, connecting what is committed to what is actually delivered and being the user's eyes and ears where the magic happens.
As a Financial Engineer, you will:
- Validate features from the end user perspective on different web browsers and multiple versions of the product
- Write acceptance criteria and test scenarios and participate in the elaboration of product specifications and test cases.
- Be accountable for testing process effective conduct
- Follow day to day development and answer the development team questions on functional aspects of the product
- Write Documentation of new features
- Create and maintain data sets for test cases to be provided to the development team
- Maintain test environment (configuration files)
Who you are
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from your team
- You have at least 1 year of Manual and/or automated tests experience and/or Customer Support
- You are problem solving oriented and not afraid of launching commands lines to keep your environment up to date (Putty, Docker, Jenkins, Database update…)
- You are detailed oriented, very organized, rigorous and creative to test outside the boundaries
- You are focused on what is most important at all times, realizing when to change the game plan and when to stick to it.
- You are excellent at communicating, both within and outside the team in written and spoken French and English
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about quality
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.