Axiom Alternative Investments was founded in 2009 and is an independent asset management company that combines the complimentary experience of asset managers and former investment bankers. The company, with offices in Paris and London, manages 1.5 billion euros through a range of French, Luxembourgish and British funds and mandates. The company has twenty-two employees of different nationalities. As a rapidly growing company we are looking to internalize the legal functions of the company to better support this development.
You will be expected to work in a French and international context. You will work primarily with the Chief Compliance Officer but will also report to the Managing Partners, the Research team, the Risk Controller and the Middle Office in order to provide them with legal support both in terms of everyday legal management and business development support in areas such as financial law, business law, contract law, tax law and social law.
You will be responsible for:
· Investments funds and other activities:
- Continual fund monitoring (UCITS, FIA and Mandates) such as the creation of annual fund reports and the modification of regulatory documents such as prospectuses, KIIDs, fund regulation and SICAV statutes;
- Managing or contributing to the creation, transformation and liquidation of the company’s funds both in France and abroad in compliance with the regulations in force;
- Managing or contributing to fund mergers and fund marketing both in France and abroad in compliance with the regulations in force;
- Preparation of regulatory documents such as prospectuses and project approval documents;
- Reviewing business contracts and assuring their legal follow-up (documentation relating to market operations such as: ISDAs, FBFs, securities, assignments, advisory agreements, custodian agreements, valuation agreements, etc.,);
- Implementing compliance of legal documentation with the applicable regulations;
- Executing work on specific files (FACTA, Tax Reports);
- Verifying and reviewing KYC (Know Your Customer) files such as societal documentation, management representation, gathering signatures, etc.;
- Verifying and reviewing AML (anti money laundering) files such as the nature of the activity, beneficial owner, clients, investments, counterparties etc.
· Management level:
- Setting up and managing a contract database;
- Carrying out research and producing summaries on questions asked by various interlocutors;
- Reviewing or preparing various corporate contracts;
- Intervening on subjects related to the company’s corporate activity;
- Intervening on compliance related subjects;
- Conveying a proactive approach to regulatory developments.
Qualified lawyer with 3-5 years PQE.
Strong experience in legal and compliance roles which have enabled you to acquire an excellent understanding of financial instruments and the functioning of financial markets, and of the regulations governing them.
Certain personal qualities will be required for the position, such as:
- A keen interest in legal sources;
- Excellent interpersonal skills ;
- Solid analytical and synthetical skills.
A good level of spoken and written French is required.