Napoleon Index is an Index Administrator and Calculation Agent which is using a state-of-the-art IT platform offering flexibility and innovation to its customers. It will seek to offer quantitative index strategies as well as discretionary indices tailored to specific client needs. To support the development of our business activities and reinforce our operations team, we are looking for an index specialist, motivated to join a team delivering high standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
Please note that the start date is september 2020.
- Monitor events such as corporate action and/ or equity market changes, ensure accurate interpretation of the impacts and implement the changes to the equity indices.
- Prepare implementation of the corporate actions within the equity indices, accordingly, to existing in-house processing and index calculation methodologies.
- Run the daily index calculations ensuring data accuracy (monitoring and analysis of automated alerts, data discrepancy analysis and resolution, reporting) up to the delivery to our customers and third parties.
- Participate to the periodic universe review and associated data collection/cleaning. Conduct equity research for the review of the indices.
- Assist in the research for the design of new indices: quantitative indices, ESG.
- Support risk controls around data management and index calculation. Innovate, propose & update processes and internal procedures.
- Respond to client’s questions.
- EU/ US shifts
- At least 3 years of proven experience in index maintenance and support, either within an asset manager, CIB, or, ideally, with an index provider.
- Knowledge of index analysis and/or corporate action treatment in an index or portfolio is required.
- Master’s degree from Business or Engineering School (Grande Ecole) or renowned University.
- Proficiency in financial data vendor applications (e.g. Bloomberg, Refinitiv, DataStream, S&P CaptalIQ…).
- Familiarity with spreadsheet product and proficiency in data management.
- Willing to work in a dynamic intense and challenging work environment
- A thorough, organized and detailed approach to work.
- independent worker as well as good team player.
- Excellent skills in English (written and spoken), another language would be an asset.
- Function: Index Analyst
- Sector: Equity indices
- Start date: immediate
- Location : 59 rue Montmartre, 75002 Paris (FR)
- Indemnity: based on the candidate’s qualifications & experience.
- EU work permit is mandatory: application without a valid residence /work permit will not be considered. No sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. You can apply by sending us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.