Intern, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Intern will be expected to carry out the following tasks as part of their role:
- Carry out research by using databases, internet and public domain tools.
- Collating and organising large volumes of data.
- Document and e-mail review and analysis.
- Interrogation of financial and accounting data.
- Providing administrative support to Case Managers including scanning, photocopying and filing.
- Assist Case Managers in using Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations to present key findings and patterns identified in the investigation.
- Communicate regularly with colleagues to inform of progress of case work, highlighting key issues where necessary.
- Organise case files, maintain accurate research records and record all billable costs.
- Provides additional administrative support to the team when requested.
Below are the key skills, competencies and qualifications which applicants must meet to be considered for the Intern position
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in another language
- Strong academic background
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to convert data and information to produce PowerPoint presentations
- Awareness of sensitivities of working in a variety of cultural and political environments
- Ability to communicate to Case Managers and colleagues with impact
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.