Internship - Infrastructure Fund
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France Paris Ile-de-France FR
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Marguerite Adviser SA
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Marguerite is looking for highly qualified, strongly motivated candidates, with the potential to evolve to a permanent Analyst position at the end of the Internship.
Established in 2010 with offices in Paris and Luxembourg, Marguerite (www.marguerite.com) is an independent alternative investment fund manager investing in EU28 countries managing three investment funds:
- Marguerite Fund, a EUR 710m infrastructure fund raised in 2010 and now fully invested across 20 investments
- Marguerite Pantheon SCSp, an investment vechicle owning stakes in renewables and transport assets in Europe
- Marguerite II SCSp, a EUR 705m infrastructure fund raised in 2017 with commitments from EIB, KfW, CDC, CDP, BGK, and ICO.
Its objective is to partner with strategic, industrial or financial investors to carry out investments in the areas of renewable energy (e.g. wind, solar, biomass), conventional energy (e.g. gas power plants, electricity or gas networks, storage facilities, energy efficiency) transport (e.g. roads, airports) and ICT (e.g. broadband internet access network).
Marguerite is looking for highly qualified, strongly motivated candidates fluent in English, with the potential to evolve to a permanent Analyst position at the end of the Internship to support the investment team in the origination and execution of new infrastructure investments and the management of its portfolio.
- Strong technical academic background from a leading university. An engineering or business/finance-related degree and/or accounting training (e.g. CFA) is required;
- Relevant experience of working on infrastructure related projects within a leading project finance bank, private equity firm, fund or investment group including due diligence and transaction execution experience is preferable;
- Highly numerate with strong financial modelling skills within project finance or private equity;
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, project and corporate finance and business reporting;
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Outstanding interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Collegiate, team and company orientated;
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines;
- Fluency in English (native English speakers or with a command of English equivalent to that of a native speaker, gained through several years of experience in an English speaking environment) and preferably at least one other European (EU-28) language other than French;
- EU nationality or work permit + Internship agreement (“Convention de stage”) with your university;
- Duration of 6 months.
- Preparation and review of project valuations, involving detailed financial modelling
- Scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Support in origination, analysis, execution and management of equity investments
- Support in due diligence, review of technical, commercial and legal documentation
- Preparation of investment proposals for the management of Marguerite and the investment committee
- Preparation of reports and other documentation for the investment committee and other executive bodies of the Fund
- We offer the possibility to gain a pan-European view of the energy and infrastructure business as well as exposure to transactions
- Possibility to get a permanent Analyst position at the end of the Internship
- Competitive compensation package