Spinecap is opening a position for its investment team in Paris. This opportunity is best suited for ambitious and driven professionals with very strong analytical skills who would like to both develop their investment skills and grow their responsibilities overtime.
Founded in 2017, Spinecap is an investment company aiming to bring a long-term, owner-oriented investment philosophy to the public markets:
- We operate as a partnership with a record of building value in private and public businesses;
- We invest in companies which benefit from megatrends and sustainable competitive advantages;
- We think and act like private equity investors:
- Long-term investment horizon and limited number of investments;
- In-depth quantitative and qualitative due diligences combined with fundamental valuation;
- Strong engagement with the management of portfolio companies and relevant stakeholders;
- Recourse to a network of industry operators and collegial investment decisions.
Spinecap is seeking an ambitious and driven investment professional to grow its investment team in Paris. The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Sourcing investment ideas in accordance with Spinecap’s philosophy, objectives, processes and tools;
- Performing research, due diligence, modelling and valuation following Spinecap's framework;
- Initiating and developing a constructive engagement with companies in Spinecap's portfolio;
- Monitoring the performance of investments and reporting to Spinecap’s Investment Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Min. 2 years prior experience in private equity, investment banking or transaction services;
- Fluency in English (working language);
- Very solid numerical, analytical and MS Excel modelling skills;
- Deep intellectual curiosity, investigative attitude, and interest in problem solving;
- Proven ability to assimilate and synthetize a significant amount of information;
- Strong academics from a leading university or school.
Please send a CV in English at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Application – Investment Team – Full-time”. Please note that due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.