Markit EDM Developer (M/F)
- Depending on profile
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France Paris Ile-de-France FR
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Investors GmbH, French Branch
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
We are looking for a Markit EDM Developer (M/F) for our Front Office Custom Solutions team. At Allianz Global Investors, we seek new ways to foster the talents of our diverse workforce, to ensure they all enjoy an inspiring and fulfilling working environment. If you require accessibility assistance applying for an open position, we will make reasonable adjustments for all candidates with a disability during the recruitment process. Please contact: email@example.com We invite you to discover more about us by visiting our career webpage: https://www.allianzgi.com/en/our-firm/careers »
Allianz Global Investors is currently engaged in number of projects to deliver a globally aligned enterprise data architecture. Data domains currently in scope include: Security Master, Investment Book of Record (IBOR) and Product / Portfolio Master utilizing the Markit EDM data management platform. The ideal candidate will have recent experience implementing Markit EDM within Asset Management.
• IT Integration and development is to bring together component subsystems or applications to provide a seamless IT/Operational function to a business user.
• Ensuring data received and delivered is fit for purpose, includes automated validation and reconciliation where possible and is delivered in a timely fashion.
• Delivery of a solution including all facets of design, build, & testing. Solution design will normally include:
• integrating new with existing software
• integrate different technologies
• developing custom solutions to meet unique business requirements
• consistent data management including the removal of duplicated data
• Understand the business direction and goals of AllianzGI and possess the enthusiasm in walking together with the business lines in delivering key business initiatives, including: Global Investment Data Platform (GIDP) the firm’s implementation of Markit EDM’s data management solution with an initiative focus on a global security master, Investment Book of Record (IBOR), and Global Product Master
• Bring technical expertise in Markit EDM together will strong domain knowledge within Investments and Operations for a global asset management firm
• Working with internal technology application development and management teams, and with 3rd party strategic sourcing partners to deliver business solutions under agreed development and project delivery standards
• Work collaboratively with IT and Business Analysts to analyze requirements and prepare technical specifications to communicate requirements with internal counterparts and external vendors
• Partner with business to identify solutions and strategy
• Deliver documentations required in various stages of SDLC Software Development Life Cycle as well as the System Integration Life Cycle when integrating off-the-shelf products and responsible for seeking signoff
• Create of functional and technical specifications. Once requirements are clearly defined, he/she creates the functional solution and, by working with the technical team (architect and developers), creates technical specifications and design
• Work with external service and software partners to translate business requirements into functional process design, including the handoffs between both the partner(s) and internal BAU teams
• Partner with software development teams to deliver solutions to business requirements, review the system design and perform testing to ensure the quality of the deliverables
• Support integration tests, user acceptance tests and production rollout
• Diagnose technical issues and work with vendors to resolve system issues
• Collaborate closely with local and overseas counterparts
• Working within project governance structure to remove obstacles to progress, resolving issues and risk to meet agreed project deliverables
• Actively lead and enhance the development peer review process
• Development activities will include automated unit/integration testing
• Actively engage in the design and development of Application/SDLC/environment/user metrics telemetry/metrics to ensure we continuously improve the platform.
• Engagement with DevOps engineers to design and deliver a fully automated software delivery pipeline for EDM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
You have 2 to 3 years of Markit Development experience.
You have a strong understanding of investment operations processes, specifically related to security master and investment book of record data domains, other data domains such as client, portfolio, investment analytics and index data a plus.
You also have:
• Critical thinking, willing to challenge the status quo
• Fast learning, ability to pick up new business knowledge and technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge in waterfall and agile project and development approaches
• Experience of working in global project teams, preferably in global asset managers or other financial institutions
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Open for challenges in a fast changing environment
You have strong SQL Server skills - 5 years plus: development, performance tuning, database design, SQL Server Analysis Services
These technical skills would be a plus: Selenium test framework, PowerBI /SSRS reporting, Datawarehouse design, PowerCentre or SSIS ETL development, Autosys Job Scheduling, Jira and other Agile/Devops tool sets
• Experience of working with Scrum masters and Product Owners in an Agile team with enthusiasm to continuously improve the team processes, tools and environments