Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services. Symbiotics SA is regulated by FINMA the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority, and the daughter company Symbiotics France SA (the employer) has an Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM) license from l’Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) in France.
Symbiotics currently employs 160 people worldwide and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town.
Since 2004, we have invested over USD 6,5bn in more than 490 microfinance institutions across around 90 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 25 investment funds and many institutional investors.
Symbiotics France SA has a team of about six experienced impact investment and asset management professionals.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage.
We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
Who we are looking for
You are an Office Manager who administers the local affiliate Symbiotics France SA, who provides support and input to the local management, governance, and staff. You lead the effort to build a conducive work environment in the Paris office. The Office Manager is the primary point of contact for relationships with external service providers as well as the support functions of our Headquarter in Geneva. In collaboration with the General management (GM) of Symbiotics France SA, you ensure operational efficiency in the areas of Administration, Finance, Human Resources, AIFM middle-office and corporate governance.
This part-time position is based in the office of Symbiotics France SA, domiciliated 11 avenue Delcassé - 75008 Paris, with a reporting line to the Directeur(ice) Général(e) based in Paris.
- Manage the office facility function and relay questions & issues to the GM
- File and storage of all company related documents
- Manage administrative relations with office suppliers, bank and insurance
- Handle relationship with head office on office logistics, marketing materials and IT
- Welcome guest & manage logistics regarding visitors
- Manage overall office life and office supplies
Finance & Accounting
- Review invoices and expense reports, import them into Continia Capture & Approval, apply first validation and send invoices to GM for approval
- Prepare monthly invoice once the external accountants have finalized the financial closing
- Manage cash and bank account & update cash flow projections
- Prepare payments in e-banking platform and submit to GM for approval
- Manage information and accounting for taxes
- Ensure compliance with deadlines of tax and audit issues
- Maintain electronic and physical files
- Develop proficiency with Continia Capture & Approval
- Assist in the budget quarterly review and forecasts
- Collect and manage staff data in the systems
- Coordinate the payroll calculation with external payroll service provider and manage the monthly salary payments
- Ensure knowledge of, and adherence to employment regulations and labor laws
- Manage employee benefits in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure on and off-boarding of all SYFR employees
- Resolve all medical aid and provident fund queries
- Maintain strong working relationship with Geneva HR and all service providers
- Assist in the coordination of team building events
AIFM middle-office & corporate governance
- Support the GM and Board of SYFR with corporate and governance tasks, e.g. arranging meetings, drafting board and general assembly invitations / agendas / resolutions / minutes
- File corporate documentation internally as well as with interested 3rd parties (incl. register of commerce and bank),
- Provide support in the implementation of specific procedures, policies and reporting to the AIFM
- Provide support in the AIFM operations including investor AML/KYC, and other due diligences
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and positive person who is service oriented and well organized. He/she works well independently but is also a team player. He/she is able to work in a challenging environment but delivers tasks on time and with the expected quality.
More specifically, you have the following skills and competencies:
- Proven track record of at least 5 years’ experience in office administration, preferably in the regulated Asset management industry - AIFM experience a plus
- Knowledge of local HR policies and procedures as well as GAAP
- Full professional proficiency in the Microsoft corporate suite – advanced user experience with Continia a plus
- You speak fluently French and you are able to work comfortably in English both written and spoken
- Good analytical, interpersonal, organizational and writing skills
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, is reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Discretion, high respect of confidentiality and flexibility are key
What makes us different?
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- A flexible work environment with colleagues from 34 countries
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushses you to be your best every day while having a positive impact on others