Excellent Opportunity to move into a long term role, taking on a key position within Operational Risk of the business. This is a great chance to join a growing entity with great responsibility in First Line Operational Risk The role could very much suit someone from a strong Audit background looking at moving into Operational Risk. Alternatively someone with +5yrs of experience in Operational Risk on a Global basis
This position will have a huge learning curve and offer some real ownership as well as autonomy once you've grown into the position.
You will need to be able adaptable to speak with people at all levels, from business owners, heads of risk departments, internal and external stakeholders. You will need to be firm enough to challenge people, but at the same time not cause friction or disruption.
You will be involved in assessing operational controls frameworks effectiveness across each team with a particular focus on regulatory reporting and business continuity
- Work to deadlines, actively pursuing operation risk actions resolution and raising to the correct level of management
- Identify / capture emerging operational risks and their impact
- Suggests, drives & implements improvements to the control framework,
- Ensure the business complies with internal risk policies (e.g. operational risk, information and cyber security, business continuity).
- Develops in-depth knowledge of assigned business units areas,
- Impact of the business units Change initiatives on the associated business unit control framework and operational risk profile
- Tracks and monitors progress of all operational risk open actions, coordinates timely execution and closure through internal risk governance,
- French and English - both written and spoken
- A strong balanced personality with the ability to be firm but fair
- Strong experience in financial markets, ideally on a global basis
- Strong operation risk understanding, will consider strong Audit profiles also
- Organised approach and able to work under pressure
- Experience preparing presentations to high-level committees. PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong Analytical skills
- Precise, proactive, pragmatic and able to multitask
A great contract that will be long term with a view to turn permanent. The position is key, fast-paced and with plenty to learn