Schroders has managed real estate funds since 1971 and currently has £16.2 billion (€18.1 billion) of gross real estate assets under management. Our award winning Real Estate department is an integral part of Schroders’ Private Assets division and of our strategy for expansion. We manage a broad range of real estate funds globally, including open/closed ended direct funds, listed REITs, mutual funds investing in global real estate securities as well as private partnerships and multi-manager funds. Schroder Real Estate also manages joint ventures and separate accounts meeting specific client investment objectives.
Our team is made of c. 150 experts operating from offices across Europe, Asia and North America. We invest in a range of sectors including offices, retail, industrial, alternatives and more recently hotels.
Our real estate investment philosophy is based on five “Mega themes” and on “Winning Cities” that will drive real estate markets throughout the cycle. By investing using these investment philosophies and our ground up market experience including detailed research and analysis we have been able to deliver outperformance for our investors over the long term.
We are looking for a numerate and analytical student to join our Real Estate division in Paris on a 6-month internship.
• Position: Real Estate acquisition and asset management intern
• Sector: Commercial real estate (office, retail and other commercial property)
• Duration: 6 months
• Start date: September 2020
• Location: Schroders’ Paris office
• Salary: Competitive and depending on experience.
Schroder Real Estate being in a strategic development phase in France, you are to assist the investment management team in acquisition analysis as well as management of acquired assets. The internship will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how the Real Estate department operates within it, as well as in-depth training, challenge and responsibility. You will assist with the management of a broad range of open and closed ended real estate funds, whether that’s in single countries or on a pan European basis. During your internship, our tasks may include:
• Involvement in property transactions and portfolio management
• Building investment models and presentations on acquisition opportunities
• Researching and recommending potential investment opportunities and valuation of existing investments
• Attending and participating in onsite meetings with service providers including agents, architects, building managers and contractors
• Actively updating the investment pipeline and managing the deal flow
• Assisting Investment Managers in building investment committee reports
• Helping on the implementation of asset management processes for new acquisitions
• Assisting Asset Managers in asset management budget following, reporting and specific value-add initiatives
• Implementing research work and market study.
• Graduate from a Business or Engineering School (Grande Ecole) or renowned university
• Previous internships in Finance and/or Real Estate and genuine interest in Real Estate
• Strong analytical skills and independent work attitude
• Willing to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment
• Flexibility in working across a variety of tasks
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Experienced with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Fluent in French and English.
You can apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com