As an engineer at a global financial technology company, you'll be an integral part of FactSet's success. Our engineers get to enjoy FactSet's flexible environment where everyone can contribute individually, yet at the same time they benefit from a community where they can depend on each other for help, learning, and development.
We are responsible of a variety of common products that handle multiple data structure, perform complex algorithm, but also of dedicated UIs to empower our users experience.
You will be joining a truly cross-functional agile team focusing on improving those products. You will need to solve hard problems through programming in Java and/or TypeScript. You will learn to use design patterns, and experience the advantage of unit & integration tests. You will need to relentlessly improve the scalability and performance of your design. Responsibilities
- Learning & Training: Participate in training, execute on labs effectively and learn the processes and technologies used in house Proficiency with the tools, libraries and languages used in development
- Develop, test and deploy software Additional features and/or content is released to solution end users
- Communicate and collaborate with product developers, direct manager and engineering peers to develop the correct solutions Effective project planning and development of expected solutions
- Passion and enthusiasm for software engineering and keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Has an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent training
- Ability to develop software in the required languages and using required 3rd party tools, applications and libraries where needed.
- Ability to learn and apply internal systems and processes for developing and deploying software
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers within the organization
- Experience in Java development
- Experience in source control tools like GitHub
- Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems and Windows based operating systems