Software Engineer - Collection Technologies
At FactSet, we're working to be the best financial data provider on earth. To get there, we need highly motivated, talented individuals who are empowered to find answers through creative technology.
As a Software Engineer in Content Engineering, you will be part of our Digital Transformation, a mission to automate our data acquisition, quality assurance, content creation and analytics in a scalable cloud environment. With the guidance of financial experts, you will leverage these large data sets to improve the quality and extend the scope of FactSet's existing and next generation products. Responsibilities:
- Develop, test and deploy software to solution end users.
- Continued learning through additional trainings and code review sessions.
- Improved quality and productivity of output.
- Communicate and collaborate with product developers, direct manager and engineering peers to develop the correct solutions
- Effective project planning and development of expected solutions.
- Respond to bugs and requests for product development through internal systems
- Effective engagement in development and feedback life cycle
- Participate in design discussions and brainstorming of ideas to improve and develop new features.
- At least one year of professional experience after graduation
- Strong experience and proficiency with Python, Pandas, Numpy and AWS APIs
- Experience in cloud technologies, specifically AWS
- Has repeatedly developed, tested and deployed high quality, stable changes with success and in a timely manner
- Proven ability to adapt to changes in requirements and learn new tools and practices where needed
- Proven ability to describe FactSet's business, client base and where their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Ability to contribute to code review feedback for other engineers and contribute to forward design ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers within the organization