Big Data Architect H/F
- According to profile and experience
- Puteaux, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- Axa Investment Managers - Emplois
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €717bn in assets as of the end of 2016. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 22 countries.
AXA IM has entered Big Data era with Data Strategy Program aiming to increase operational efficiency of our distribution platform but also through a series of initiatives enabling “Big Data” capabilities to support investment insights. Adopting "Big Data" is requiring from Technology department to develop its expertise mainly on following axis:
- Design Data Lake eco-system and define transformation trajectory of current applications landscape
- Accompany Data Scientists and enable required data capabilities in our Information System to industrialize their practices
- Anticipate evolution related to Machine Learning and propose mid/long term evolutions of AXA-IM Information System and processes
- Ensure our ability to launch Proof Of Concepts and our ability to industrialize successful ones while ensuring alignment with technology standards
- Sustain current initiatives and make Big Data the new normal for AXA-IM
-Act as solution Architect for all Big Data related projects within AXA-IM
-Define Big Data Technologies standards (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka using Java, Scala, Pig, Hive, Impala...) and control projects implementation
-Understand business needs on Data science and act as a trusted advisor to propose scenario to industrialize solutions
-Contribute to define high level of industrialization on platform monitoring, maintenance and quality of services (including DR capabilities) for AXA-IM “Big Data” platform.
-Define operating model (including software craftsmanship) for sustainable data science (ie proper interactions with traditional Information System).
-Define Security and access control best practices required for Big Data environments.
-Set-up Data Governance principles and tools (metadata generation, data lineage, audit,...).
-Produce the related documentation.
-Advanced demonstrated skills in Computer Science
-Significant experience in development and Architecture
-Experience with the quantitative asset management industry
-Experience with data used to build financial model is a plus: fundamentals, estimates, short interests, fund holdings, insiders, economic indicators, etc
Knowledge and Skills:
-Architecture modelling and service oriented Architecture
-Strong development capabilities (C#, Java, Python,…)
-Strong SQL knowledge
-Data Statistics and Algorithms to accompany/Understand Data Scientist
-Strong understanding of development methodologies including DEVOPS practice
-Familiarity with tools and best practices in the industry
-Change Management and Leaderships
-Rigorous and resilient
-Demonstrate ability to change and improve things on a pragmatic basis while driving a long term agenda
-Able to work with a diverse set of profiles or experiences
-Effective communication and writing skills