Analyst/Associate (German speaker) - Technology IB - September 2018 - Berlin
Berlin, Germany · Investment Banking
- Berlin, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Clipperton Finance
- 18 Jun 18
This is a unique opportunity to join an expanding Pan-European corporate finance boutique fully dedicated to high-tech and tech-enabled businesses. With offices in Paris, London and Berlin, Clipperton Finance has completed over 240 M&A and Growth Financings on behalf of fast-growing technology start-ups, blue-chip corporates and renowned financial investors.
In order to support its strong execution pipeline and marketing efforts, the firm is currently looking to hire an Analyst and/or Associate level 1 based in Berlin.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support existing and upcoming transactions throughout the entire process, from kick-off to closing:
- Preparation of investment memoranda and presentations (industry study, strategic review, financial analysis)
- Business plan modelling
- Due diligence management
- Support to final legal negotiations
- Support marketing efforts
- Preparation of commercial presentations / pitches (positioning, valuation, deal strategy)
- Identification of new prospects
- Participation in the preparation of detailed sector research papers
- Lead a team of analysts (for Associates) and interns
The ideal candidate will be a highly entrepreneurial and independent individual with demonstrated analytical, commercial and financial skills from a Tier 1 (technology) investment bank / boutique or consultancy. The candidate will be capable of working under tight deadlines within a small organisation and report directly to the top management.
Strong academic record is required, with a preference for Tier 1 European Business and Engineering schools and universities. The candidate should also have a strong knowledge in corporate finance and accounting, with past experience in investment banking, strategic consultancy or audit, and demonstrate a strong interest in both entrepreneurship and the Technology, Media and Telecoms industry.
Written and spoken proficiency in German and English is a must, French or Spanish a plus.
- Entrepreneurial environment (partner owned investment bank; recently announced NATIXIS as minority shareholder)
- Strong deal pipeline
- Exposure to clients from day 1
- Steep learning curve
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Market leading position in Tech M&A in Germany & France
- Office in Berlin's city center (Berlin - Mitte)