We are The Mobile Bank
See Kat talk about her role at N26 About the opportunity
For our Technology team, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us stop criminal activity while using N26 to launder their illicit funds. The purpose is to prevent the financing of terrorism and the facilitation of fraud, to safeguard against financial crime and define on how to execute multiple strategies to prevent any type of financial crime. The successful candidate will have experience leading the software engineering cross functional groups to continuously identify and learn from our deliveries on how to further improve our effectiveness. In the meantime you will form a leadership team with the group product manager and principal engineer alongside to bring our products to life. In this role, you will:
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback
- Recruit, manage and retain talent
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust
What you need to be successful:
- Collaborate with product managers in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics)
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
What's in it for you:
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations
- Experience managing and delivering impactful projects
- Experienced in AML/Financial Crime/Payments systems
- Experience working on an rapidly evolving product in an agile environment
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Interested in working with a fast-paced and quickly growing company
- Professional proficiency in English
Who we are
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany's #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude , and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
N26 has reimagined banking for today's digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it's how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.