- Berlin, Germany
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Scope Ratings AG
- 04 Sep 17
Scope Ratings AG, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo and Paris. The company specialises in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings AG offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings AG is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.
Intern Structured Finance (f/m) in Berlin
- Manipulate performance data (delinquency, defaults, prepayments, recovery).
- Model portfolio defaults using our Monte Carlo portfolio models.
- Support analysts building models under advance programming language for a large diversity of structured finance projects.
- Data mining and statistical analysis for a broad range of structured finance asset classes (SME ABS, RMBS, auto ABS, CMBS, etc.).
- Support analysts in the production of internal and external documents such as rating credit committee memos or special reports.
- The dynamism and the small size of the team will allow you to take as much responsibility as you can
Your professional profile
- Enrolled university student. Previous finance experience is not necessary when the candidate has very strong mathematics, physics or engineering education.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong statistical skills with ability to apply in practice.
- Masters-level students or higher and top European engineering schools only.
- Expert MS Excel with VBA, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, R, python, and SQL.
Your personal profile
- Interest in developing a career in quantitative finance.
- Strong interest and motivation for learning the practical insights of structured finance & credit markets.
- Highly reliable and with high rigor standards and with attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team and independently as a self-starter without close supervision. Self-drive and versatility are very important.
- Highly critical, curious and able to think outside the box.
- Fluent proficiency in English is a must. Other European languages are a plus.
We offer a challenging, full-time internship in Berlin, minimum of 3 months, in a company with high development potential. Scope’s size allows quality work to become quickly visible. You will be part of a committed and professional team with possible direct exposure to senior management and clients once you have demonstrated your capabilities. You will work in the Structured and Project Finance team. This team has built a strong track record in rating high-profile public transactions for SME CLOs, RMBSs, CMBS, Auto ABS, infrastructure, trade receivables and aircraft securitisations.