We are The Mobile Bank
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today's digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it's how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna. About the opportunity
We are seeking a focused Machine Learning Engineer to take responsibility for productionizing machine-learning applications developed by the Data Scientists and supporting their integration into customer-facing products.
This role sits as a hybrid between Data Science, Data Engineering, and Backend Engineering where you will need to be happy collaborating across each of these teams.
This role will form part of the beginning for Machine Learning Engineers at N26, and so you will have the opportunity to freely implement best practices and establish internal structures which will guide the growth of the team in the mid-to-long term. In this role, you will:
What you need to be successful:
- Enable data scientists to develop robust machine learning services that will be integrated in production environments
- Enable innovative product features such as a customer service chatbot, transaction categorisation or a smart fraud-prevention algorithm improving the way people do banking
- Work with experienced data scientists, software engineers and product managers to deliver customer value and to develop your skill-set further
- You will have the opportunity to experiment with new tech stack and project ideas
- Strong fundamentals in data engineering and software development
- Exceptional programming skills in Python - Go, Java and Kotlin are a plus
- Sound understanding of data modelling and data architecture - experience with various databases and big data frameworks
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
What's in it for you:
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Inspire open communication between the respective departments you will work alongside
- Work with autonomy, and a getting things done attitude
- Desire to establish best practices and process to set-up the team's long-term success
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany's #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude , and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.