Ruby/ Clojure(Script) Developer (f/m/div)
Job description BillFront is a fast growing alternative online lending platform that offers financing solutions to digital media companies. By providing faster access to revenues, BillFront is enabling its customers' growth potential. The company's goal is to become the biggest payment facilitator in the digital media space, freeing the ecosystem from its cash flow problems.
The company is headquartered in London, with an office in Berlin. The BillFront team is led by finance veteran Greg Dimitriou and AdTech expert Chris Vogt. Read more about BillFront on our website .
As BillFront's developer, you'll help developing both internal and customer-facing web applications, connecting them to financial data from sources like invoicing systems and ad tracking dashboards, and scheduling money transfers using various payment providers. You'll get unprecedented insight into the inner workings of the digital media ecosystem, developing a common framework of reference feeding into the credit assessment engine overseeing multi-million loans.
To achieve this, we put emphasis on building small, reusable and loosely coupled components. We work in lightweight kanban and believe in agile with a lower-case "a", encouraging pair-programming, limiting work in progress and keeping the feedback loop as short as possible.
Our current codebase consists of a main Rails app (well specced, Requirements What will keep you challenged?
What will make you succeed?
- Responsibility for the backend of BillFront
- Building, developing and maintaining backend services, coordinating internal and external designers and matching requirements with business/product development and product road map
- Setting up deployment infrastructures, server environments and testing infrastructure, maintaining and improving them
- Taking ownership over specific components and continuously working to improve them
- Being dedicated to scalability, performance, availability and security of our systems
- Staying on top of current tech industry trends
- Multiple years of relevant work experience within the field of web development and software engineering, ideally on medium and large sized projects extending over a period of 1 year
- Excellent knowledge of backend development and technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails
- Basic knowledge of Clojure
- Good knowledge in backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Docker
- Focused approach to automated testing and quality assurance
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to work and communicate in a dynamic international start-up environment
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English
- Ability to design software working within a complex business domain
- Experience in managing product roadmap, speccing tickets, communicating with stakeholders
- Profit from working with Serial Entrepreneurs who have co-founded over 10 successful companies
- We offer a rewarding career where you continuously grow in a performance driven culture
- Gain access to a well-established network in Berlin's start-up scene
- A competitive remuneration package and much more
- We have a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- We offer German classes and numerous networking events
- We are based in the start-up centre of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley