Senior Treasury Manager
- Berlin, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Aug 17
solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform. Our goal is to empower finance pioneers - anyone who wants to build something new with banking services. The core of the company is fast, modern technology that makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build with. We see ourselves as a tech company with a full banking license. Our international team of 70+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
The Senior Treasury Manager, will be responsible for all treasury activities of solarisBank and managing the bank’s capital. You will work closely with a wide set of groups across the company; including business, corporate as well as business development and Risk Management reporting directly to our CFO. Responsibilities will include the setup of the treasury function, participations in strategic projects as securitization as well as the daily management and monitoring of solarisBank’s liquidity, FX, interest-rate and credit risk.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, detail-oriented, but able to make connections quickly on how the business process, system and data all fit together. The candidate has relevant work experience in a treasury function, preferable in a Financial Institution. This role will be depended on to provide guidance on strategic changes and the impact on the business. Therefore the candidate will need to possess a broad understanding of business goals and have passion for the banking as well as the FinTech industry.
- Set up a highly automated treasury function and integrate into the bank’s processes
- Set up a highly automated front-to-back securitization process to limit solarisBank’s balance sheet and maximize the efficiency of the shareholders equity
- Partner with product development, partner management und back office functions to include treasury topics from the beginning in the business process
- Perform the daily management of solarisBank’s capital and monitoring liquidity, FX, interest-rate as well as credit risk and report to the board on a regular basis
- Participate in special projects and compiling ad-hoc analysis as required and execute on other directives as needed.
- A university degree in a relevant field and strong treasury and Asset & Liability Management knowledge
- Several years of relevant work experience in a treasury function, preferable in a financial institution.
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements around treasury activities.
- All-round treasury professional with good business sense.
- Hands-on, pragmatic approach whilst maintaining strategic perspective.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including; Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Access.
- Very strong analytic skills and high attention to detail; able to understand, analyze and organize complex and/or large data sets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate treasury and financial concepts to a broad audience.
- Professional verbal and written English language skills. German language skills are not required but a nice-to-have.
- You are intellectually curious and always look for innovative solutions and strive to advance your skills.
- You are able to navigate through a start-up Agile environment and have passion for the FinTech industry.
- You’re an innovative strategic thinker and have a solution-oriented personality.
- You have strong ability to influence.
- You have deep understanding of project management emerging best practices.
- You have deep knowledge of Agile environments.
- Strong interest and affinity to the start-up industry.
- We aren't a traditional bank but rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.