- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
ALA1 / Analyst / AVP - Structured Finance
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role
We are growing our analytical teams across the region to better support our customers with local resources. This has created exciting new roles in Frankfurt, Madrid ( Milan and/or Stockholm are an option too) for Analysts and Senior Analysts to play a key role in enabling our European growth strategy.
There are varied development opportunities on a local, regional and global basis.Candidates can progress
in subject matter expertise through various tiers of seniority, across sectors or into management and leadership roles.
Serve as a lead analyst to provide credit ratings on new structured finance transactions or on a portfolio of existing structured finance ratings, or covered bonds. This includes conducting analysis, presenting to rating committees, leading issuer meetings, publishing research and interacting with investors, bank issuers and arrangers.
Perform analysis for structured finance or covered bond transactions; and recommend ratings for new transactions or monitor ratings of existing transactions.
- Primarily responsible for analysing asset pools, transaction structures and cash flows using Moody's methodologies and models, and other quantitative or qualitative tools or methods to formulate independent credit opinions and make recommendations to a rating committee. The analysis will also include reviewing legal documents and third party reports.
- Independently present at rating committees and other internal credit discussions and demonstrate sound credit judgment and strong knowledge of Moody's methodologies.
- Lead issuer meetings including on-site visits and communicate professionally with investors and other market intermediaries.
- Publish high quality research on pertinent credit events and sector trends.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvement of Moody's processes and methodologies.
- Represent Moody's with investors, bank issuers and arrangers.
The Department / Team:
The Ratings and Research (R&R) department is focused on the development of rating opinions and research, content and outreach, and the delivery of our services to issuers and investors
Few opportunities arise that provide the combination of relevance, responsibility and exposure to in-depth credit analysis, with the level of access to structured finance and covered bond issuers, arrangers and investors that you find as an Analyst at Moody's.
Operating across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, you will have immediate exposure, visibility and impact, whilst working on real cases where the application of your skills and expertise have an impact in financial markets.
Analysts lead the evaluation of ratings within the framework of Moody's rating methodologies; either focusing on new ratings or monitoring a portfolio of existing ratings. You will bring a multidisciplinary approach, applying qualitative considerations to modelling and structural analysis, and engaging with senior personnel at a broad range of financial institutions. You will also contribute to thought-leading research and participate in conferences and meetings with investors. And you will be part of a team, with colleagues who are truly experts in their field, focused on helping you to develop credit views that offer rigour and relevance.
Moody's flat hierarchy ensures that Analysts' roles are broad and deep. When you combine that breadth and scope with the collegiate atmosphere and the international environment with high-quality talent across the business, it is a truly rewarding working experience that will stretch your abilities and challenge your talents.
As a global company, Moody's provides an excellent personal and career development platform to grow your career and develop your analytical expertise across geographies, businesses and sectors. As an organisation that values experience, there is a vast resource of knowledge within the business that can support your learning objectives, in parallel to the structured learning and development process.
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience and strong knowledge of financial and fixed income markets
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills mandatory, strong statistical skills and ability to work with large data sets highly desired.
- Experience with programming (VBA, SQL, C) a plus
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc in relevant areas such as Finance, Economics, Statistics
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- High level of impact and personal presence.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Very strong understanding and capability in stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration capability.
- Solid team working and collegiate approach
- High levels of energy and personal motivation.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to assess and deliver insightful analysis
- Self-starter with solid sense of ownership and ability to "get on with it".
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.