- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
AVP – CSS / MRG
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe successful candidate will work in the Methodology Review Group (MRG) and will contribute to various MRG objectives such as reviews of rating actions, reviews of methodologies, and reviews of models and model specifications.
The candidate will be involved in performing reviews of rating committee actions, on a sampled basis, to evaluate consistency with our published methodologies in areas such as, but not limited to whether:
• the analysis is comprehensive
• the rating committee materials sufficiently explain the risks and factors relating to the analysis
• the relevant methodologies were applied
• the rating assigned is appropriate in light of the applicable methodologies
In addition, new joiners will contribute to the annual review of rating methodologies. In particular, the joiners will assist with the review of various ratings performance metrics, help identify trends and causes of observed ratings performance, and work with fellow MRG members and other stakeholders to investigate as needed.
We also seek candidates who are familiar with credit risk modeling and who may help contribute to the review of (mainly structured finance) models and associated model specifications and methodologies.
Ideally, the candidate should have knowledge of multiple asset classes, the associated key data and risks, and the relevant methodologies and models.
This role requires strong analytical skills, good communication and writing skills, and a detail- and task-oriented individual who enjoys investigative work. This individual has must have the ability to produce high quality work to tight deadlines.
The MRG's primary responsibility will be to approve new and revised credit rating methodologies put forward for consideration by the rating groups and Methodology Development Group (MDG)The two groups will work together with the rating groups to standardize and streamline our methodology development and approval process.
• Solid experience in credit analysis with methodology review and development skills a plus.
• Knowledge of Moody's rating methodologies beneficial.
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to BSc or MSc in relevant areas.
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English and German is essential.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.