***ROLE BASED IN FRANKFURT*** Our client is an alternative credit fund manager investing across a wide range of performing and non-performing credit instruments in both the primary and secondary markets. The firm currently manages over a billion euros with a focus on pan European performing and distressed credits with a focus on the DACH region. Due to growth it is looking to hire one or two analysts based in Frankfurt to support the senior investment professionals with first class financial analysis, modelling, and investment assessment.
Role & Experience
- Credit analysis and investment appraisal across different debt instruments such as high yield bonds, syndicated loans or privately arranged bilateral loans across public and private debt markets.
- Demonstratable understanding of the various aspects of credit risk and pricing.
- Ability recalibrating capital structures in a restructuring, understanding the re-pricing of risk post such a restructuring or assessing the possibility of a company successfully attracting future funding / refinancing options and at what cost when purchasing instruments in secondary markets.
- Working across multiple sectors or strategies over time, you will be expected to generate and debate investment ideas outside those “comfort zones” and across the full spectrum of the fund strategies.
- Reviewing long-form credit documentation, high yield prospectuses and restructuring processes, and prepared to challenge and test individual passages or contract definitions against the underlying stakeholder incentives and potential conflicts.
- Create and build strong and thoughtful investment cases and be prepared to debate these with facts in the investment committee
- Good humoured, emotionally mature, and comfortable working in a sometimes stressful and pressurised environment
- German language fluency / native speaker and fluency in English are a must have, additional language skills (particularly Dutch / French / Swedish / Norwegian) a plus.
- Excellent financial modelling skills and a solid grasp of corporate finance concepts.
- Graduated from a top European university ideally with a degree requiring high level of numeracy and logical reasoning.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in either leveraged finance / high yield underwriting or M&A. Candidates from restructuring or boutique advisory firms will be considered as long as they can demonstrate earlier/broader experience within the corporate finance divisions of a reputable investment bank.
- Candidates will have excellent financial modelling skills and a solid grasp of corporate finance concepts. They will be a methodical and meticulous in their attention to detail. They will be intellectually curious, able to isolate and critically appraise a business’ underlying value drivers, as well as to identify and evaluate different risk factors to those drivers.