- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Analyst - Structured Finance
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role
Serve as the lead analyst on a portfolio of structured finance credits including conducting analysis, presenting to rating committees, leading issuer meetings, publishing research and interacting with investors and bankers .
- Perform analysis for structured finance transactions backed by consumer assets; and recommend ratings for new transactions or monitor ratings of existing transactions.
- Primarily responsible for analyzing asset pools, transaction structures and cash flows using Moody's methodologies and models, and other quantitative or qualitative tools or methods to formulate independent credit opinions and make recommendations to committee. The analysis will also include reviewing legal documents and third party reports.
- Independently present at rating committees and other internal credit discussions and demonstrate sound credit judgment and strong knowledge of Moody's methodologies.
- Lead issuer meetings including on-site visits and communicate professionally with investors and bankers.
- Publish high quality research on pertinent credit events and sector trends.
- Substantially contribute to other sector research such as outlooks, as well as other projects such as methodologies.
- Contribute to maintainance and improvement of Moody's processes and methodologies.
- Build relationships with investors, underwriters and issuers and manage key strategic relationships.
The Ratings and Research (R&R) department is focused on the development of rating opinions and research, content and outreach, and the delivery of our services to issuers and investors.
- Graduate degree (e.g. BSc,MBA, Master's) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with substantial related work experience
- Knowledge of financial and fixed income markets
- Experience in credit analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills mandatory, strong statistical skills and ability to work with large data sets highly desired.
- Experience with programming (VBA, SQL, C) a plus
- Strong quantitative aptitude, proven analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Professional, proactive, shows initiative, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards; capable of developing independent opinions and defending views
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.