The Bank of Ireland Global Acquisition Finance Unit was established in 1996 as a specialist acquisition/ leveraged finance unit within the Corporate Banking division. The team is engaged in arranging and underwriting acquisition/leveraged finance transactions in Ireland, the UK, Continental Europe and the US. In 2006, a specialised Acquisition Team was established in Frankfurt.
Based on a successful track record with 8 mandated lead arranger transactions over the last 18 months, we are now looking to strengthen our German team by hiring a Leveraged Finance professional at the Analyst/Associate level. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of Acquisition Finance Germany and the team in all deal relevant aspects, while being based in the Bank of Ireland Frankfurt Office.
- Analysis of business plans, commercial and financial due diligence packages
- Development of integrated financial models
- Preparation of credit papers and discussions with the bank’s decision makers
- Support of the credit application process
- Company and market research across a wide variety of industries
- Preparation of external bank presentations
- Other duties associated with the role as required
- 1-4 years of experience in a banking environment or in an accounting firm desirable
- Accustomed to dealing with senior management and key stake holders
- University degree in finance or equivalent qualification
- Strong credit analysis and cash flow modelling skills
- Analytical mind-set and structured work approach
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent oral, numerical, written and communication skills
- Proficient in German and English language
- Sound knowledge and handling of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Proven ability in managing diverse work streams, changing priorities and meeting challenging deadlines
Remuneration & Benefits:
An established and entrepreneurial driven European Acquisition Finance Team is seeking interested candidates willing to join a challenging and flexible environment. The position offers the successful candidate a possibility to enter the fast-paced leveraged finance industry by joining a highly successful and professional team with excellent development and promotion prospects. An attractive remuneration package does also apply to the position.