Do you see yourself standing alone or standing out? Make the difference and join our team!
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 145,700 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for an Anti Money Laundering (AML) specialist (m/f) at the next possible date.
Take your chance and join our Team at our SG Branch in Frankfurt!
Anti Money Laundering (AML) specialist (m/f)
As AML team Member, you are involved in all relevant Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) tasks of the branch, including Terrorism-Financing (TF) Prevention, KYC, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti bribery Corruption (ABC) etc. You will support the AML-Officer (AMLO) and the Deputy AMLO in all aspects.
Your Main Responsibilities:
You will be involved in all relevant AML tasks of the branch and work in close co-operation with the AMLO and the Deputy among others on the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitoring and careful treatment of AML and Sanction/Embargo risks
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment process of AML/TF risks, in particular using internal tools and establish the Annual-AML-Report of the branch
- Contribute to the review and drafting of policies and procedures
- Monitor AML/TF relevant issues in close cooperation with Head-Office
- Issue, monitor and report on regulatory and AML/TF risks both on local and Head Office level. You will implement and review, or participate in the formalized procedures and controls and support AMLO regarding organization, implementation and review of monitoring tools.
- You are involved in the implementation process of regulatory reporting requirements to German authorities and support AMLO regarding preparation of internal and external reports; Under supervision of AMLO you maintain contact with regulators and market authorities.
- Conduct of regular general and specific anti money laundering class training. You will organize e-learning’s and video conference-trainings on special topics where appropriate and/or necessary
- Contribute to the analysis of new client relationships or periodic reviews.
- Contribute and/or conducting spot checks on different topics like for Gift and Events
Experience & Technical Skills
- University degree in Law or in Finance/Business Administration with qualification in AML/TF
- At least 3 years of experience in AML/TF in a Bank or a Financial Institution
- Ability to read and understand legal documents, e.g. laws and regulations, in German and English
- Fluency in both German & English (written and oral) is required; French language skills would be of advantage
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Strong ability of assessing risks and procedures at all levels
- Capacity to analyze and summarize
- Ability to quickly understand the bank’s strategy, its organization, the products and management of Compliance risks, as well as respective laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work with different business lines and locations
- Independent and organized work approach
- Cooperation & team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure while being structured and accurate
- Motivated and reliable self-starter
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.