- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18
Associate Analyst (RRS – Banking) – German Speaker
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyFor our office in Frankfurt we are recruiting for an Associate Analyst to join the RRS - Financial Institutions Group. The Associate Analyst (AA) will work on challenging and high profile analyses, and will form a holistic view on certain credits.
The AA role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Rating teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams, predominantly analysing banks and other financial institutions based in EMEA.
The role requires a solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate strong financial analysis skills with great attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The AA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Attend analytical meetings (regional and international travel required) and assist with meeting follow-up reports
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, with potential exposure to more high-profile subsectors or issuers, under the principle direction of the RRS Team Manager and senior analysts. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Interpret and analyse financial data
- Ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings
- Develop in depth knowledge of Moody's methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary
- Interact with intermediaries and issuers
- Review rating documentation, including bank loans, covenants and bond indentures and contribute to portfolio reviews
- Support sector and company research writing
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks.
The EMEA Financial Institutions team provides ratings on investment grade and speculative grade financial institutions based in Europe. The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. This position is based in our London office.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications). MSc preferable
- Relevant credit analysis experience ideally within Financial Institutions or related experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm.
- Good Accounting background (e.g., CFA or equivalent, or relevant work experience).
- Demonstrates solid understanding of Banking financial statements and enhanced accounting knowledge when reviewing Banking financial statements and proposes relevant solutions
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel/ VBA to help build databases and PowerPoint, with the ability to use financial models and software specific to the business. Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment with tight deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Able to work using own initiative and without close supervision
- Fluency in German and English is essential. Fluency in other major European languages e.g. French is an advantage.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.