Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
Take your chance and join our Team at our SG Branch in Frankfurt!
Associate Project Finance (m/f)
As Associate Project Finance, you will provide execution and origination support capability for project finance advisory and lead arranging roles in the Infrastructure sector.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Preparation, customisation, optimisation and maintenance of the financial model supporting advisory mandates, including running scenarios and sensitivities
- Interrogation of the financial model for lead arranger mandates including running of sensitivities and checking integrity
- Day to day transaction support to Director/AD/VP in the PSF Infrastructure team
- Preparation of credit applications, ensure that internal requirements and guidelines are meet and assist in closing of transactions
- Participation in the due diligence process for infrastructure projects
- Assist in the preparation of project information memoranda
- Assist in negotiations of term sheets and loan documentations
- Maintain a working knowledge of developments in the Infrastructure sector as well as current transactions and opportunities in the market
- Coverage support as part of a team assigned for marketing and origination of structured debt business opportunities
- To ensure transaction documentation and pitch presentation material is produced to the requisite standard
Your client scope:
- Corporate Clients: large companies working in consortium bidding for infrastructure projects such as major European construction groups, international airport operators etc.
- Financial Institutions: banks, monoline insurers and financial investors in infrastructure projects, multilaterals
- Clients of other SG Business Lines: loan syndication, derivatives, debt capital markets, ratings advisory, export credit and leverage finance, CORI
Experience & Technical Skills
- Master in finance, engineering or business studies, or a professional financial qualification
- About three years experience in a similar or related role in an investment bank, accounting firm or industrial company in particular in the infrastructure business
- Strong numerical skills, intimate understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements and cash flows and first class financial modelling skills
- Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills
- German mother tongue
- Fluent in English (second language would be a plus)
Personal Skills & Competencies
- An ability to work under pressure to tight fixed deadlines maintaining attention to detail and constantly checking his/her work
- It will involve working in a fast paced and demanding environment. It requires an individual who has a strong interest and understanding of the relevant financial markets
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.