Audit Manager, NatWest Germany in Frankfurt am Main | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Audit Manager, NatWest Germany
What you'll do
- As Audit Manager, you'll report to and support the Head of Audit for NatWest Germany GmbH ("NatWest Germany") on the provision of audit services to NW Germany
- We're going through an exciting time of development and growth, and we're looking for talented people to join us on this journey and help us shape the future of our business
- You'll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- You'll make a tangible impact on our function, and advance your career
- To take on this role, you'll need to be fluent in both German and English
You'll be joining NatWest Germany, part of the NatWest Group. NatWest Germany is a pivotal part of the wider bank's growth strategy. We provide Commercial Banking products, principally lending, deposits and trade and working capital finance, to customers based in or active across Western Europe. We're going through an exciting time of development and growth, and we're looking for talented people to join us on this journey and help us shape the future of our business.
You'll provide Audit services to NatWest Germany in line with the wider bank's frameworks, policies and procedures, where appropriate, and provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business leaders to improve control.
The skills you'll need
- Lead and support the engagement assurance planning, ensuring coverage of all key risks, dovetailing with other 2nd and 1st line Internal Audit ('IA') assurance, complying with regulatory requirements for Internal Audit, and deploying resources to best use
- Undertake key aspects of the assurance fieldwork, taking responsibility for the work undertaken by the team being delivered on time, fit for purpose and providing reliable evidence to support issues and opinions
- Leverage IA's industry leading audit methodology and tools
- Ensure compliance with IA Global Methodology within engagements and accurately keep the audit management tool up to date
- Manage multiple audits and activities at the same time
- Efficiently and effectively manage key stakeholders within the engagement to ensure detailed understanding of business risks and open and effective discussion on key issues
You'll be an experienced internal auditor with strong background in Financial Services, specifically in Institutional & Corporate Banking. You'll also need knowledge of the relevant business areas or products and related risks within a complex financial services organisation.
You'll also need:
What else you need to know
- To speak, write and read fluently in both German and English
- An understanding of the local regulatory requirements relating to the business areas or products and the Audit function
- A good understanding of risk management, the control framework, and governance processes in order to identify any control weaknesses and provide ongoing assurance
- The ability to build robust stakeholder relationships with senior business colleagues
- The ability to challenge and influence effectively on assurance matters, up to an executive level when required
CVs must be submitted in English.