Business Development Executive (m/f/d) for Asset Management Clients, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
This role in Frankfurt or Munich is to grow State Street's presence in the asset management sector in Germany & Switzerland, through establishing new solution orientated business opportunities utilising the full State Street product suite with existing clients and prospective targets. The role requires an experienced business development professional with extensive experience selling to asset managers. The key attributes will encompass proven client focused business development, strong market relationships (ideally C-Suite), relationship management skills, and the ability to contribute to our thought leadership programme. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Development Executive you will
What we value
- Focus on business development towards asset managers in Germany and Switzerland, working with your manager and colleagues to deliver on assigned revenue targets
- Build strong relationship and trust with targets/clients to develop holistic perspective of target/client needs in order to design and deliver innovative solutions
- Deliver on revenue targets through careful client P&L management
- Negotiate skillfully with both external clients and internal groups
- ensure collaborative and cooperative behaviour amongst cross-regional, business deal teams and corporate functions when leading deals
- Exemplify "one State Street" mind-set by engaging in deal discussion with a focus on client profitability
- Ensure to operate in compliance with internal and external regulations where applicable and that escalation procedures are followed
- Work with Sector Solutions management group to ensure that procedures are regularly reviewed, ensuring to comply with any remedial action implemented for any associated risks identified
- Ensure an understanding of client needs, Sector operational requirements and of relevant State Street products and services; pursue comprehensive continuing education and certification across product offerings
- Demonstrate a willingness to share information and leads, acting in a unified manner internally and externally, transparency is key
- Support a culture of effective challenge to ensure appropriate governance
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the risk excellence culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Inspire and motivate others to drive and sustain State Street's success even in the face of resistance or challenge
- Build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of target/client needs; create solutions that meet these needs and generate profitable revenues for State Street
- Actively engage all areas of State Street to deliver multi service solutions to clients; do more than we thought possible by working together to accomplish our goals
- Convey and receive messages clearly, with impact and empathy; translate and adapt the pitch for each audience, be very transparent
- Successfully completed Bachelor's and/or Master's degree or similar educational background
- Proven track record and strong ability to establish and maintain relationships at C-Suite / key stakeholder levels with asset managers
- Experience in selling products and services to German asset managers is a must have
- Cross asset experience useful, particularly with alternatives and real estate
- Maintain sector specific knowledge and skills that are essential in performing the job effectively; pro-actively keep up to date with all service and product innovation
- Fluency in English and good German language skills
- Strong ability to drive execution
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to confidentially interact with senior level clients and targets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
Some travel within Germany and Switzerland will be required. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers