Compliance, Regional Regulatory Affairs, Analyst, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Are you interested in a helping us to keep the firm compliant in Germany with the relevant laws and regulations applicable to the Investment Banking Industry? We are looking for a professional to join our German Compliance Regulatory Affairs and Resources team in Frankfurt, working closely with the German Compliance Officer and having regular interactions with colleagues based in London and in the other EMEA offices.
Our division interprets regulatory requirements to ensure the firm is compliant, and determines how to appropriately pursue global market opportunities. Our analysts monitor regulatory trends in every jurisdiction where the firm operates and we work with regulators to manage financial market risk. You will be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity and who are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Our compliance professionals in Frankfurt provide a centralised compliance function for the businesses based in both the Frankfurt and London offices, covering the firm's German business. They are responsible for managing the firm's compliance risks in Germany by ensuring adherence to laws, rules and regulatory requirements. The team is also responsible for monitoring trends and changes to regulations in Germany and in Europe, and developing controls and firmwide / divisional policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
• Assessing the regulatory risks and potential impact to the firm
• Establishing and maintaining the appropriate control plans and processes to verify compliance
• Maintaining a regulatory monitor and implementing policy and procedure changes, in liaison with the other Compliance departments of the firm
• Reviewing client files, transaction and marketing materials
• Attending industry association meetings
• Working with Technology, Operations, other areas within Compliance, or the business, in order to improve reporting capabilities and obtain adequate information to perform your tasks
• Working with other Compliance areas and the business to produce responses to information requests ahead of regulatory exams / reviews / reports
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2 or more years of professional experience in compliance, auditing or in a risk management function
• Fluency in English and German language, both orally and in writing
• Interest in the financial market and regulation
• Basic knowledge of the German and International investment banking regulations
• Able to work in an international environment with excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and risk assessment skills. Good judgment, intellectual curiosity, great attention to detail, an independent thinker who enjoys studying
• Excellent time management, analytical and communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of financial products, markets and regulatory policies
• Must be able to work to tight deadlines, independently and yet still be team-oriented
• Proactive, self-motivated and well-organized
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Finance/ Legal Graduate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.