Banco Santander is the largest bank in the euro zone by market capitalisation with a strong and focused presence in ten core markets across Europe and the Americas. Around the globe, we serve our 144 million customers with 200,000 employees.
Santander Corporate & Investment Banking (SCIB) is Santander's global division that supports some of the world's most complex and sophisticated corporate and institutional clients, offering customized services and value-added wholesale products to best meet their needs. We are committed to fulfilling our clients’ needs, surpassing their expectations and helping them to achieve their goals. For that reason, we invest heavily in developing tailor-made solutions and in providing local expertise, fully integrated coverage and cross-border capabilities.
In order to support our growing business, we are continuously looking for talented and highly motivated Cost Controller Eurozone (m/f/d) for our European Corporate & Investment Banking Team working from Frankfurt starting Juni 2020
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of a new Cost Accounting & Management Tool
- Perform Transfer Pricing analysis and documentation
- Calculate and standardize cost drivers and allocation of costs for the business report
- Cost planning: Management of cost monthly rolling forecast, budget and yearly budgets, liaising with IT & Ops heads, with HR and controllers
- Management of Purchasing process- Contract Management
Standardization of processes:
- Streamline cost centers and accounting breakdown across branches
- Ensure that all branches observe internal approval requirements
- Perform standardized travel costs analysis and monthly report
- Central management of market data
- Provide benchmarking in costs between branches and identify cost saving potentials
- Elaborate and maintain cost policies
- Reporting of KPIs
What we expect from you
- University degree in Business Administration (incl. FH) or similar with several years of experience
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Spanish is a plus
- Good knowledge of cost accounting principles and cost control techniques
- Strong Excel Skills and a good command of all other MS Office products
- Experience with a ERP software (preferably SAP) is an advantage
- Dedicated and results driven
What we can offer you
- An exciting challenge collaborating across many European countries
- Working in an international and constructive environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation, subsidized public transportation
Please attach a copy of your supporting documentation in English. If you are a non-EU citizen, please include a scan of your visa and work permit for Germany to your application documents.
BANCO SANTANDER, S.A.