ESG Analyst (f/m/d)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Investors GmbH
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Allianz Global Investors is seeking to recruit an experienced ESG (environmental, social and governance) analyst. The role will span a broad range of responsibilities from company, sector and thematic research to company engagement and proxy voting. The successful candidate will join the ESG Research Team at one of the world’s leading asset managers with a strong commitment to integrating ESG considerations into the investment process, and will work closely with sector analysts and portfolio managers in all of AllianzGI’s global locations. This is a Frankfurt-based role, and German language skills are essential.
Allianz Global Investors is the asset management subsidiary of Allianz SE. We are one of the world’s leading active asset managers with over 600 investment professionals in 25 offices worldwide, managing more than EUR 500 billion in assets for individuals, families and institutions.
As an ESG analyst, you will:
- Undertake company, sector, and thematic ESG research for equities and fixed income
- Support sector analysts and portfolio managers in incorporating material ESG factors into the investment analysis and decision-making
- Contribute to the development of AllianzGI’s corporate governance policies
- Undertake analysis of shareholder meeting proposals and provide proxy voting recommendations to the investment platform
- Lead company engagements on ESG-related matters and support company engagements by AllianzGI’s investment professionals
- Contribute to/lead engagements with policymakers through dialogue or public comment letters
- Solid experience of environmental, social and governance research
- Ability to assess the materiality of ESG factors for investment performance
- Good knowledge of corporate governance and prior experience of proxy voting
- Strong engagement skills and experience of engagement with companies at board and senior management levels, as well as regulators, policy-makers and other stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and spoken English and German language skills
- Good communication and presentation skills, clear articulation of ideas and concepts
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues globally and with external parties
- Ability to maintain focus and deliver required outputs when under pressure
- Self-motivation, self-reliance, good organisational skills
- IMC or CFA qualification
- Experience of the investment management industry
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
Reference Code: AGI-5501251-3
We offer an attractive, performance-related compensation package and provide a productive atmosphere which is dominated by team spirit. Your personal development is of particular importance for us. Are you interested? If you are, we look forward to receiving your full application documents, including references.
Allianz Global Investors GmbH
Frankfurt am Main
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.