Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer in Frankfurt. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that our German entity, Wellington Management Europe ("WME") and its branches in Madrid and Milan have an appropriate local compliance programmes in place.
The role will require strong collaborative relationships with other senior stakeholders in the organization, including managers from Human Resources, the Global Relationship Group, Information Technology, Legal, Compliance, and Risk, as well as managing WME's relationships with its regulator, the BaFin, and with the Bundesbank, as required.
The role will sit within the Enterprise Risk Management Functions, as part of the EMEA Compliance team. This individual will support the firm's Global Privacy and Financial Crime programmes, including but not limited to the development, implementation, and maintenance of local policies and procedures, in line with global policies, daily operations of the programmes, monitoring programme compliance, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches, and ensuring compliance with local laws. Additionally, this role will act as the local Data Privacy and Oversight Officer.
The position will be based in Frankfurt. This individual reports to the Regulatory Compliance Officer in London, and to the Geschäftsführer of WME in Frankfurt.
* Developing and managing the compliance programme for Wellington Management Europe, including its European branches;
* Supporting the German Money Laundering Reporting Officer;
* Liaising with BaFin and local auditors as necessary;
* Ensuring that appropriate regulatory policies and procedures are in place, and understood by business units (and providing training as appropriate);
* Providing German language support for the compliance oversight of marketing materials;
* Providing advice to the business units on regulatory developments in Germany and the EU;
* Acting as the Oversight Manager for internally outsourced activities. This will involve close liaison with colleagues in other Wellington offices around the globe, where there are similar requirements;
* Acting as the local Data Privacy Officer with the local oversight and execution of the global Data Privacy programme;
* Attending and providing reporting to the WME Management Board, Audit Committee and other European governing bodies;
* Additional Compliance responsibilities will be dependent on the individual's skills and experience, but might include some of the following: helping the team which covers our UCITS funds in Luxembourg, advising on client guideline issues, anti-money laundering controls, and/or beneficial ownership oversight.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* 10+ years of relevant financial services experience, ideally gained within the Asset Management industry;
* A good working knowledge of various asset classes and security types;
* A good working compliance knowledge, and knowledge of German regulatory requirements;
* Good business judgment, and the ability to work under pressure;
* The ability to work independently;
* Excellent communication, listening, and writing skills;
* Strong presentation skills; demonstrated ability to present to committee boards and senior management;
* Pragmatic and comfortable working with ambiguity;
* Strong attention to detail and well organized; ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure;
* Ability to think strategically and have vision while also focusing on the details and execution;
* Self-motivated and works well independently; capable of taking initiative without prompting;
* Strong problem solving techniques, including the ability to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues and ability to clearly communicate issues to key stakeholders;
* Ability to collaborate across departments with a professional presence; proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong business relationships at all levels within the organization;
* Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong business relationships with regulators and other professional bodies;
* Fluency in German and English (speaking and writing).
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .