European Investment Firm - Quality Assurance Officer (Audit)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 10 Oct 18
Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc (LBCM) is the business name for Lloyds Banking Group's new Non-Ring-Fenced Bank. As a response to the ring-fencing legislation, LBCM services our Commercial Banking clients with Markets Financing and Financial Markets Product needs.
As part of our client proposition in LBCM, a new European Investment Firm (EIF) is being established in Germany that will become operational in March 2019 to deliver products and services to our European client community.
The firm will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets and will provide Bond distribution, Credit Sales and Trading Services to our European community. The firm is in the process of recruiting for roles within support functions and are seeking highly motivated and passionate individuals who will help to drive and expand the business at the forefront of our European client business.
This new Quality Assurance Officer role reports into the MD Marktfolege.
The Audit Officer will be responsible for conducting audits and leading evaluation of controls and completion of testing applying proficient knowledge of audit methodology.
Assist the Engagement Lead in the delivery of Audits or lead evaluation of controls and completion of testing applying proficient knowledge of audit methodology and assigned business / risk area.
* You will act as a Specialist and/or Engagement Lead to deliver a portfolio of audits, harnessing a deep understanding of business strategy, controls and risks to provide reliable and independent assurance on the effectiveness of the control framework.
* Your key accountabilities will include leading, managing and/or undertaking a portfolio of audits in terms of scale, scope, cross-divisional impact and technical specialism to provide reliable, independent assurance and agree management actions with the business to enhance the control framework.
* You will provide senior professional audit/specialist expertise and input into the development of methodology and standards and contribute to the development of the audit plan for assigned areas and prioritise work based on risk and an understanding of business objectives.
* Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships with business/specialist areas is key, to be able to influence change and educate the business in the control framework and provide guidance and counsel.
* You will develop and engage with relevant external advisers to keep abreast of audit best practice and manage external audit involvement and initiate and deliver agreed initiatives to achieve continuous improvement. In addition, you will maintains up to date awareness of relevant regulatory and statutory environment and apply and champion the Group Audit methodology and standards to deliver high quality audit papers and files.
* Complete assigned areas of audits to provide high quality, independent assurance standards.
* Understand business processes relevant to assigned Audits, identify key controls and evaluate their design effectiveness under supervision.
* Define, propose and complete testing of key controls for assigned Audits to evaluate their operational effectiveness under supervision.
* Highlight any control deficiencies for assigned Audits, escalating these to Engagement Leads and helping draft written issues under supervision.
* Deliver assigned areas of Audits within agreed timescales through collaboration with other colleagues keeping Engagement Leads updated on progress.
* Apply the Group Audit methodology and standards to deliver high quality issues and supporting files.
* Maintain relationships with stakeholders to provide appropriate advice and guidance
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll enjoy the advantage of a comprehensive benefits package. We offer a company car (or equivalent cash allowance) life assurance, capital forming benefits, Group accident insurance and Company pension scheme. You will also have full support to assist you in meeting personal and professional objectives and development goals.
As a new colleague of Lloyds Banking Group, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects the businesses and clients we support, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We aim to be the best bank for customers and communities - and for our people. Join us, and you'll find your professional fulfilment is always a priority.