A global investment management house is launching a FinTech platform for Europe and building out its German office. This hire is for the most senior accountant in this business unit.
You will build out and lead the Finance function for this business unit, this will involve hiring a team but also being a "player manger".
- Supervising team members and reviewing accounts prepared under German GAAP/HGB
- Review of annual BaFin and BundesBank returns
- Oversight of the tax process and management of external specialists/advisors
- Management of the audit process
- Develop processes and risk indicators
- Keeping proactively up to date on regulatory matters
- Working at a senior managerial level within the business on strategy from a finance point of view
- At least ten years' experience (could be a lot more) working in Finance and Accounting within Financial Services (ideally banking, asset management, or FinTech)
- Good understanding of German GAAP
- Ideally CPA qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally German and English language